Our team have a varied set of skills when combined with rigors and strategic production, and custom NGS font and typographic design, all of which reveals itself as a gamut of refined and uniquely beautiful product.
By cleverly combining lettering styles from the 4 corners and traditional hand painted characteristics the design fits perfectly the global corporate look and feel. Or putting it another way… it’s better by our many hands, and by a great deal of design.
Chloe and Nick Garrett with Hannah Matthews.
The Corporate Chalk
Killer brand ID and media for start-ups
You have a new business that you know has originality and stands out from the pack. How do you show that in your brand ID design?
It’s one of the biggest and most important challenges you face getting the feel right for your customer base. Get it right and you’ll never look back… wrong it and you’ll never be where you wanted. There’s no such thing as a no brainer when it’s your business on the line.
I design using a fixed strategy – no airy fairy bullshit… even if it’s selling smelly, fluffy, pamper stuff. It works for my clients because it gives them real stand out! It’s why you might just come straight to me.
The 5 key principles that make my designs and brand launch better than my direct competitors are:
1 CLARITY FFS – No point in bathing it in frills that distract from your story. Typography and image must be super hardcore clear and on point. Swear a lot or not at all. No fashionista rants either – you gotta fackin’ well mean it!!!
2 PRODUCT READ – What you do is more important than who you are so people have to get exactly what you are offering… and want it. Your product must be like a song you can’t get outa yer head. Colour psychology and a whole lot of visual magic assists your readability among the throng.
3 HONESTY – Take the wall down and speak directly to your customers without any fluff. It’s important to let your customers know what you are doing and why you are doing it. Remember that customers are smart and they want to engage honestly.”
4. CALL TO ACTION – Bobby Grajewski of Edison Nation Medical reveals his go-to strategy, “We always look for a call to action to spark thought, contemplation and eventual action. To that end, we have posed rhetorical questions and problems, run searches and asked the community for their ideas to improve healthcare.”
5. HEADLINE AND CONTENT MAGIC – If your headline is weak, it doesn’t matter how good the rest of the copy is because no one is going to click through. People often add headlines and titles as afterthoughts, but a headline should get as much thought as the rest of the piece. And the rest of the piece? Create objective social media posts, blogs, infographics and white papers that raise the level of informed discourse in your industry — even if it means levying warranted praise upon a competitor from time to time. The value of your content will increase exponentially.
Happy work club guys.
NGS NUTBOX Brand ID
Check out Flexwood at www.Flexwoodjoinery.com
Complete refurbishment of Listed Building Shopfronts.
Working closely with English Heritage and award winning architects Jullian Harrap we are carefully removing 64 existing shopfronts, in publicly occupied areas, and refitting with new to match every listed detail. Our work includes:
- Site measure, survey and setting out
- Producing detail drawings of each shopfront
- Manufacture and off site preperation of shopfronts
- Erection of hoarding to shops internally and on the pavement to protect occupied areas
- Carefully removing existing shopfronts, retaining specified elements and disposing of unwanted waste
- Installing new shopfronts, glazing and decorating on site
- Final clean and removal of hoarding
Other works include:
- Reinstatement of joinery internally and shopfitting
- Dry-lining and decorations of shops internally
- Decoration of external masonary
- Breaking out and removal of external canopy and re-instatement of new over occupied area
Old Spitalfields Market
||Old Spitalfields Market
||Sub-Contractor to Ballymore Properties
Forest Hill School sixth form exhibition this weekend. Come and see these fantastic young artists!
COSTUME DRAMA! limited places left for our drawing course this weekend. To book call: 02036861328 or email: email@example.com
Learn to Paint letters! NGS Signsmith workshops are rolling out Jan and Feb. Stoppress January 10 – 11 and February 21 – 22 classes are booking. Grab your easel and book a place on the day. Discounts for Students.
Have a great Skilling it! New Year. Nick.
Today the new tradition signpainting is all about keeping it alive and learning the skills on an immediate basis… we share all the vocational skillsets and get people on an expanded career path from day 1. On the day it’s focused and immensely rewarding.
Full Course Information
NGS Painted Letters … London Railway Blocks, Finest Roman Classics, Culty Retro, Wharf Grunge
9.30 – 5.30
@ 140 Sydenham Road London SE265JZ
– all levels – all materials and food inc
Start-up your Pro geared Lettering Skills
This is the course has all the insight to get you into the zone. A workshop designed to work.
Thanks for dropping by – this page introduces the Painted lettering 1 and 2 day courses suitable to creatives at all reaches of lettering development who want to get started in a meaningful way. The day workshops are student specific, fun yet focused, responsive to all levels, needs and vocational.
Suits all levels inc: beginners, graphic students, young gun or exp writers, graffiti artists in fact all comers –
LEARN GREAT MECHANICS AND INTERNAL DYNAMICS OF MAKING LETTERS
On the back of painting reams of letters over the past 30 years something new has to happen.
It is not enough to simply claim to go further and add this and that as a jump up on the next competitor. That is not innovation – it is simply a jostling for a slither of note over the nearest competitor.
Innovation is at large in the few.
Truly emerging innovation is a felt glimmer being dragged across the horizon…
So what is the next true wave of inspiration likely to look like?
It has to first allow itself the divine right to exist as something entirely new.
This could be new by approach, feel, sensibility.
My own sense is that this is entirely linked to ones ability to find a sensuous magic in whatever is on the table for product development or ID.
The new approach owes much to empathy and pure product design. It is mechanical yet open to any conceivable concept that exists.
I believe in …….
yes is the answer to everything in the universe.
It is like an alien sentient being or a slice of bread.
Beyond this lies the opportunity to reap great design whist slipping in and out of view.
It is subtle
It has to strive to prove Zen to be nothing more than contrived shit because it comes from the streets of London, Delhi and Venice and somewhere between.
It doesn’t quite exist yet but it’s always been there.